The University of Arizona in partnership with Cox Communications, presents Connect2STEM 2018, a free event focused on inspiring kids about science, technology, engineering, math and medicine with 100+ hands-on activities where guests can touch synthetic cadavers, explore real space equipment and network with STEM professionals.
STEM enthusiasts have the opportunity to interact with 100+ tables of hands-on science activities, including:
• The Wildcat Play Hospital
• The Da Vinci surgery robot
• Cow eyeball dissections
• The Wildcat Water Lab
Activity Zones for Ages 4-16:
• BioScience Zone: Touch, feel and discover skin synthetics, as well as see the biomechanics of a life-sized, high fidelity mannequin that can talk, breathe, bleed and sweat.
• Nature Zone: Get down and dirty with UA master gardeners and splash around in the Wildcat Water Lab.
• Outer Space/Technology Zone: Calling all amateur astronomers! Learn about OSRIS-Rex, a mission to bring pieces of the asteroid “Bennu” back to earth.
• COX Gig Zone: Enjoy gaming stations, coloring contests and giveaways. Learn about the science of GIGABLAST services getting to your home. Be on the lookout for a special appearance by Digeez, the COX mascot.
• Wildcat Spirit Zone: Bear Down! Meet Wilbur and Wilma Wildcat, mingle with fellow alumni and bounce around on the UA Inflatable.
CAREER ZONE FOR HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS 14-18:
• CONNECT2Careers: Meet with a heart surgeon, medical students, Intel engineers and scientists. And the best part is: You can ask them anything.